Whenever silver prices take a dip, people lament the delay in the rise in prices and ask me "When will silver prices explode?"
Well, it's been exploding for 5 years now. In 2003, silver's low point was $4.15/oz. in the spring. This year, silver is "about" $18. From $5 to $18 over 5 years is an "average" annual gain of a whopping 29%. It may not seem like a lot because we have such high expectations for silver (along with waiting during price consoladations lasting 1.5 years at a time), but let's see what 29% gains per year really look like over the next 15 years. Most people don't seem to understand the power of compounding gains. So, I made two charts to illustrate the points.
In the second chart, a lot of people think that most of the gains come later. That's not true. This shows a 29% gain, every single year.
I would not expect such "regular" gains, silver prices will show more ups and downs than this projection.
But clearly, silver will do better than that, for several reasons, as follows.
1. Most people today are trend investors. Silver's price action so far is a good trend.
2. Silver's price action is more than justified by the fundamentals. With only about 60 million ounces of annual investment demand, which is less than 1/10th of overall annual silver demand, any newly increased investor demand is sure to have a high impact on the price.
3. Annual investor demand for silver of 60 million ounces is only about $1 billion. That is so small in the scale of world finance, it's scary.
4. More than 90% of people are concerned about rising prices and inflation, and will be looking for ways to protect their money. Silver is the natural choice, and more people are discovering silver every day. As they do, investment demand can grow substantially and quickly.
6. Just this year, investment demand for American Silver Eagle 1 ounce coins has doubled, from 10 million/year to 20 million. The public really got excited about silver and gold when prices hit $20/oz. for silver, and $1000/oz. for gold, with customer volumes increasing 10 times a many coin shops. Just wait to see how excited people get when silver gets past $50, and then, they realize that the inflation adjusted high price for silver from 1980 when silver was $50, is now nearing $400/oz.!
Conclusion? Don't "wait" for silver to explode before acting. It's exploding already. Get some. As soon as you can. The longer you wait, the more you will pay.
My offer: For the price of just a few ounces of silver per month, you can look at my silver stock portfolio. Once a month, at the end/beginning of the month, around the 31st or 1st, for paying subscribers, I update the stocks I own and the percent of my portfolio. It's very simple. Very revealing. Very useful. It's not trading advice. It's not a model portfolio. It's my portfolio. Sign up here: http://silverstockreport.com/customerservice.htm Paying subscribers have access to the members forum where some very, very smart people discuss silver, stocks, economic issues, growth rates, the possibility of machine intelligence, whether peak oil & global warming are frauds, and many other things.
The content on this site is protected by U.S. and international
copyright laws and is the property of SilverSeek.com and/or the
providers of the content under license. By "content" we
mean any information, mode of expression, or other materials and
services found on SilverSeek.com. This includes editorials, news,
our writings, graphics, and any and all other features found on
the site. Please contact us for any further information.
The views contained here may not represent the views of SilverSeek.com,
its affiliates or advertisers. SilverSeek.com makes no representation,
warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy or completeness of the
information (including news, editorials, prices, statistics, analyses
and the like) provided through its service. Any copying, reproduction
and/or redistribution of any of the documents, data, content or
materials contained on or within this website, without the express
written consent of SilverSeek.com, is strictly prohibited. In no event shall SilverSeek.com or its affiliates be liable to any person
for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information